August 28, 2009

Big 5



Xander had a birthday on the weekend, and then started Kindergarten this week too!








We went to a magic show for his b-day. It was fun, and both boys got called up to help a lot (there wasn't a big crowd).




































5 years old



















Presents from the grandmas



















Here was Xander on the 1st day of school. He's loved it so far!



















He went on the bus, but I drove to the school to make sure he made it to his classroom safe and sound.








They said the Kindergartners are escorted by office staff to and from their class. Here was Xander after getting off the bus, but before going to his classroom. I was a little unsettled at how unorganized things were. It seemed like there was a lot of confusion and lack of communication:





















I made sure he made it to his room, and couldn't wait to hear about his 1st day later.












I waited for Xander at the bus stop pick-up, but when the bus finally arrived (oh, did I mention I'd been waiting for almost an hour in the hot sun with a wild child) guess who wasn't on the bus...... my son! They put Xander on the wrong bus on the way home! They walkie-talkied for a minute and located him, and informed me that he would be returned to the school and I'd have to pick him up there. I was so mad!!!! Good grief- they have their bus # pinned on to their stinkin' shirts in bright yellow! Get it together people. Grrrrrrrr.