August 21, 2011

I guess it's really Goodbye... over 2 months later.

I have always hated goodbyes, and have tried to avoid them like the plague. On my mission I didn't even tell my last companion that I was going home, until the day beforehand, just so that I wouldn't lose my focus and have to talk about and dwell on it, and say goodbye to everyone and be sad.  It was always a weird feeling at the end of each college school year knowing that once I left, the next year would be different with people missing, and only fading memories of the fun times we had remaining. Unfortunately I know that I have a horrible memory too, and every time I close a chapter, and a new one begins, that I won't remember things like I want to from the previous ones. I guess that being in the military isn't going to help with this either with all of the moves.  Though I'm excited and anxious when there are adventures, new opportunities and people around the corner, and even sometimes eager for something new- I'm melancholy thinking of fond memories of wonderful times and friends that are now in my past, and all I can hope for is that we keep in contact, and can hopefully meet up in the future- though I don't want to admit it would be different.
Goodbye Vegas.
Goodbye water shows.

Goodbye beautiful Bellagio displays.


Goodbye affordable activity pools.
Goodbye Claim jumper and Townsquare.


Goodbye being near enough to family to get lots of visitors.
Goodbye Lied Children's Museum

Goodbye to having nearby cousins.
Goodbye camping with Vegas friends.
Goodbye feeding the carp at Lake Mead.
Goodbye pump it up, and bounce u.
Goodbye Red Rock.
Goodbye cool hikes.
Goodbye fun times with the Fairbanks.
Goodbye Vegas shows.
Goodbye houseseats where we got good deals.
Just for the record, I don't want to forget what shows we saw, so this is going to be long.
Music
Lion King 
Jersey Boys 
Producers
Mamma Mia
Barry Manilow
U2
Recycled Percussion
Lenny Kravitz

Magic
Magic and Tigers of Dirk Arthur
Superstars of Magic
Super Duper Magic Show
Jackpot Bird Show
Lance Burton
Nathan Burton

Impressions
Gordie Brown

Other
Blue Man Group
Matsuri
Tournament of the Kings
Indoor Skydiving
Wax Museum
Gondola ride, Paris

Sam Boyd
Monster Truck Rally
Football Games – UNLV football and Locos football

Thomas and Mack
Walking with Dinosaurs

Cirque de Soleil
O
Mystere
Ka

Museums
Children's Museum
Liberace
Natural History
Spring's Preserve

Movies at the District, Red Rock, Lake Mead, Hoover Dam,
Henderson Ampitheatre, parades and events, good parks, Mt. Charleston,
Drive-in movies, Jazz at the Lake...
Goodbye school friends and get-togethers.
Goodbye Lis and Mindi
Goodbye birthday fun.
Goodbye ward friends! You guys are so fun. I miss many other SVR girls too.
Goodbye Nelsons. Goodbye free ride day at Buffalo Bill's and Christmas lights at Ethel M's.




Goodbye  to our kid's friends.


Goodbye girl's dinners.
Goodbye laughing all night in St. George.


Goodbye Claudia and Ira.

Goodbye Laitinens.


So here we are, making new memories now. I just focus on keeping busy and having fun, and then I don't have time to dwell on the good old times I guess. Xander & Will both started school and preschool at the beginning of August, so that keeps me busy. I've already been to a recipe exchange, and been invited to a few girl's nights with different people, and I have a pedicure friend.  We have a couple of playgroups we go to each week. Blair's Internal Medicine department had a cookout and crawfish get-together, a shrimp boil at the beach, and I guess a fish fry is next on the list :) We're lucky that we have a good ward with plenty of great church people around.  We went to Baton Rouge a couple of weeks ago and stayed overnight with some friends that we knew from before. We went to the temple there, and it was great. Only 2 1/2 hours away- I can't believe that's the closest one!


Hello nice neighborhood.
Hello Mr. Turtle cutting through our front yard.
Xander & Will love their new fish.
We went to Gulf Island Water Park a few weeks ago and the kids loved it. 
Check out this slide.

My sweet little Claire is walking all around now.  It is the cutest thing to see her come around the corner with her little dolly that she likes to carry around and take care of.