February 29, 2012

Mardis Gras & other shenanigans

It's Mardis Gras!
It's the real deal down here. Xander got days off of school and everything!




Here we are with my friend Lauren before one of the parades.








During...
Towards the end...











































and, oh my goodness, the final loot!






















I can't believe how many beads we got!































Doesn't this baby look like an absolute angel?  I got this picture below done today. She's 21 months old, and has the cutest personality. She's sweet and she's feisty, she smiles and laughs a lot and jibber jabbers and speaks enough words to get her point across. I'll have to put a video of her counting, because it sounds something like "two, fwee, two, fwee, TWO!!!" and then I usually have to dive across the room to catch her from jumping off of something.


























So my little angel, has learned how to climb out of her crib during naptime (yesterday and now today too), and pull out all the wipes or try on different shoes etc. Yesterday she was asleep right in front of the door with different shoes on, but today after pulling out the wipes and anything else she could get her hands on, she just yelled "mama" until I got her.

Tonight we went to the scout's Blue and Gold Banquet which I was helping run smoothly. It was time to transition to dessert and I thought Blair was watching her, and he thought I was watching her. Well she took advantage of the situation and made her way to the church's ladies room where she was found unrolling all the toilet paper, and taking her pants off. Some lady asked if anyone knew who's kid she was, and a lady in my ward took her and brought her to me with, oh yes, her diaper hanging around one ankle as she had gotten one side undone.  Oh my sweet Claire, whom I pride myself in keeping an eye on so closely, utterly embarrassed her mother today. Maybe it's time for potty training?


At the Beau Rivage (Biloxi Casino)
Will's favorite jellos at the buffet.  The last time we took Xander and Will, they ate 17 between the two of them.











































In other food news, I finally joined Pinterest last week.
So what did I try make in the last week after joining Pinterest?

Cinnamon Rolls, twice
Homemade pizza, twice
Meatloaf
Mashed potatoes
Corn chowder
Bruschetta
Nutella shakes
Sloppy joes
Grilled vegetables
Homemade fettucini and ravioli
Crispy southwest burritos
Snickerdoodles
Beef stew
Corn bean salsa
Bread

Emphasis on the word "tried," as anything with yeast has not exactly worked out yet. I know I need to practice to get better, but what do I do with all the testing materials that don't work out while I'm getting better? Luckily the boys still eat the hard cinnamon rolls, and say they like them better than dad's (which are the store Pillsbury ones haha). But I think I prefer dad's.  I guess I could go feed some ducks or something. Anyway, this is good because I can't remember the last time I actually felt like cooking dinner. We'll see if the excitement wears off.