May 31, 2012

Partytime & Pensacola

Guess who turned 2?!! Little Claire did.  It seems like I've been throwing a lot of parties lately.  Last month I did a shower for someone, and as I was making the pom poms, Claire thought they were fairy wings, and insisted on wearing one for awhile.

A couple of pics from shower #1


This month, I helped with another shower across the street. Here's some of the fun I helped with at that one:









Last but not least, the most important of all, was that Claire had a birthday last week!  She had a party on the weekend.
I can't believe my baby is growing up! This was Claire on her birthday.  She talks and sings little songs nonstop.  She makes us laugh, she's so lovable and we enjoy having her in our family.  

When we pass a park she says, "My slide."  When we pass a McDonalds she says, "Fries, yummy." Many times she asks me, "Daddy home?"  She's been nodding her head and saying "Alwight," when we ask her questions, or tell her answers.

She's been talking in larger sentences lately. Yesterday she fell down and skinned her knee.  She kept saying, "My knee hut," and, "My boo boo hut."  Today we went to Chuck E Cheese's and she said to me with outstretched hand, "I nee mo money." How could I resist giving her more tokens?  I just got her up from her nap and she says, "I want daddy," and "I want gwapes." Daddy won't be home for awhile, but she has some grapes now.
Partytime








Afterward still lots of candy left.
If I would post more, I wouldn't have to do such long catch-up posts! Last month Blair was gone up to Jackson for the month.  The kids had a week off of school for spring break, so of course we went up to visit him up there.  They have a great Children's Museum! We went to that and the Natural History Museum. We explored many new parks, and scenery.  It was fun except that we still didn't see Blair much as he was working the ICU and had very long hours, and some nightshifts too.

Mississippi Children's Museum

Learning about a horseshoe crab at the Natural History Museum.
They had a clown there for "Naturefest," a big event at the museum that we happened to go for. Xander got picked to come up and help with the show.  Many of you know he gets picked out of the audience a lot!
Found a turtle!

It was fun to have lots of free extra fun going on. Lucky for us.

The last weekend of last month we went on a resident's retreat with Blair's work to Pensacola.  What a great idea- whoever thought of that one! We stayed at the Hilton on the beach, and got to hang out with the other interns and their families while they had a few meetings.  It was great to see Blair for a couple days. Unfortunately they made him go back up to Jackson (5 hours from there) to work one more night before he could come home :/




Our table and the one behind us have most of the interns and their families. Such a fun group! We're lucky to have them, and we live in the same neighborhood and are able to get together often :)







Now that school is out we have been keeping busy doing fun things like bowling, swimming, Monkey Joes bounce house place, the movies, Beau Rivage buffet, the other Children's Museum down here, and Chuck E's. It's been a fun week!


Yesterday at Lynn Meadows Discovery Museum.


Happy summer!