March 26, 2009

Bottomless Questions

Xander is constantly bombarding me with question after question.  He is so inquisitive at this age, and I'm sure it's how he learns, but some of these questions just crack me up.  He asks so many that it would take volumes to record them all, and of course I'm distracted with so many questions that I forget them all by the end of the day.  I thought I'd try to remember and write down most of his questions for a few days so you could all see what I mean:  


"What would happen if I prayed for everything to be invisible?"

"Daddy are you a doctor now?" (Blair said not yet) "But you're dressed like a doctor."

"Daddy do you have the priesthood?  Could you baptize me?"

"Do sea animals eat other sea animals?"

"What if I put a stick in a fire and then threw it at a tree- what would happen?"

"What do sleeping fish do?  Well do they swim?"

"Do grapes need air?"

"Did John the baptist always do good things, even when he was little?"

"Do carrots grow on trees?"

"What would happen if I sinked in the middle of the ocean?"

"Why didn't Jesus make transformers to be real?  I want them to be real."

"Could you make some BBQ sauce to put on my plate and then I could dip carrots into it?"

"Was the 1st house that I lived in when I was born made of wood?"

"Would fire burn us to pieces?"

"Do robots walk like this?"

"Do real light sabers cut all the way through bone?"

"Do cockroaches know how to eat through ice?"

"What would happen if a tractor picked up a whole lot of sand, and buried me?"

"Is lemonade- juice?"

"Is daddy gonna be 29 when you are someday?"

"Do iguanas eat mice and rats?"


See what I mean?  I don't know where he comes up with half of them. As for Will, he's cute as ever and likes to copy everything that Xander does.  He likes to ask questions too, but his statements are funnier right now.  Here's a few from the last few days:  


"It's like a roller coaster!" (he had his hands up on a bumpy road)

"Look at that cutie cutie bitty rock." (pointing at a little pebble on a walk we took)

"Daddy you forgot me a kiss." (he reminded Blair to kiss him goodbye)

"Look at my chin is doing." (he put bubbles from the bath on his chin)

"It's all my fault."  (we asked him what was his fault) "I don't know."


As you can see, I could write books with the stuff they say.