We're doing better around here. Things are looking up.
There are still things that trigger sadness of the loss. Maybe a certain song, or moment, and sometimes the newborn babies, and pregnant ladies everywhere. I never realized how many there are until now! It makes me wonder how many people I've unknowingly hurt, just going about my everyday life-- those maybe struggling with infertility, or loss, or some other tragedy.
But things are easier, and I feel like I'm pretty normal again, and have a handle on my emotions once more luckily.
First things first I've been to get a pedicure and changed out the blue toes for the brightest happiest that they had. Funny thing was that my last toenail color was "no room for the blues," but that's exactly how I'd been feeling.
Next, we're back to getting out and having fun. There was a free family movie at the base theatre, and we went with our wonderful family. The weather has been warming up (40's and sometimes 50 which seems amazingly warm to me now that we've experienced a winter here) so we're going on walks and hitting the parks and Claire and I packed an outdoor picnic last week. Blair and I have had some dates, including racquetball, and the movies one afternoon, and the opera the other weekend.
Whaddayknow that April 26th is Astronomy day, so when I was checking on what the Anchorage Museum might have going on, it showed free shows there at the planetarium all day. So that's just what we did- we made it a day. Blair was working the weekend, so the kids and I packed up and headed over there (for 5 hours!). We went to 3 of the shows, and played at the museum exhibits in between.
and the boys are progressing nicely in scouts. Will got his Wolf badge, and Xander earned his Webelos badge at the last pack meeting.
First bear sighting of the season! A mile from our house. We watched it climb to the top of the tree and the kids were squealing with excitement. It's fun to see animals in the wild… from the comfort and safety of our car :)
Here's to health and happiness.












